[Sunni] Hadith Studies
After reading a few books on the unreliability of hadith, having a long conversation on lack of authenticity of hadith, and interacting with many Quranists, I thought it might be time to make a list of some resources that discuss hadith that generally defend hadith. Not saying that I have strong convictions in defense of hadith, but being that the introduction to the lack of authenticity of hadith brought about an internal religious meltdown in undergrad, I thought it might be time to find things that permit a sense of balance.
To be updated.
- Principles of Islamic Jurisprudence M.H Kamali (Chapter on Hadith)
- Hadith: Muhammad’s Legacy in the Medieval and Modern Jonathan Brown (have yet to read)
- Rethinking Tradition in Modern Islamic Thought David Brown (not really a defense, but a must read)
- An Introduction to Hadith Jonathan Brown
- Hadith on Muhammad’s Legacy in the Medival and Modern Jonathan Brown (lecture)
- The authenticity of hadith a ‘Pseudo-problem’ Wael Hallaq
- On the authoritativeness of Sunni consensus Wael Hallaq